About Laing’s Foundry
Laing’s Foundry is one of the few remaining small industries still operating in the Powderhall district of Edinburgh. The company believes it is the last jobbing foundry in Britain to use the traditional green sand process
The company was established by Charles Laing on the west side of Beaverbank Place in 1920. There was more industry in the area then.
Just ‘up the road’ on the east side of the street, close to the junction with Broughton Road, was Miller’s, a small electro-plating company that remained in business until the 1990s.
Laings moved across the road to premises on the east side of Beaverbank Place, Powderhall, Edinburgh, in 1942.
Currently Laings is at Unit 2, Auchterderran Rd, Lochgelly KY5 9HF.
The business is now in the hands of the third generation of the Laing Family. Its Managing Director is Andrew Laing.